There are many email marketing do?s and don?ts. If you engage in best practices, then the odds are that you will have a successful email marketing campaign.
Use the list below to see how well you are managing your email marketing campaign. Don?t beat yourself up if you find you have committed an email marketing don?t – just find a way to fix the problem to enhance your Internet marketing and web promotions.
Email Marketing Do?s
* Do define your target audience.
* Set up an email marketing campaign.
* Create a website that entices your prospects.
* Survey your competition.
* Engage in some form of search engine optimization.
Email Marketing Don?ts
* Plan to email everyone regardless of if they have an interest in your products and services.
* Spam. No one wants to spam, and if you do you could end up paying huge penalties because of CAN-SPAM or being banned from all major ISPs. Then you won?t have to worry about your business and email marketing strategy because you won?t have one.
* Make your website too busy or hard to navigate.
* Fail to check in on your competition and see what benefits they offer.
* Skip search engine optimization – you will lose out on opportunities to improve your page rank.
Should You Hire A Professional?
There comes a time when everyone needs professional help with some part of their business, including email marketing. How do you know if the time is right? Most small business owners reach a point where their business expands to a point where they need advice.
Let?s say, for example, that you have done all of the SEO work for your small business. Suddenly you come up with a new product idea that explodes. You end up working 80 hours a week and hire a bunch of employees. You no longer have time to run and manage your website, much less SEO. What do you do?
In cases like this it may be a good idea to delegate some tasks, so why not consider hiring an Internet marketing company to help with certain aspects of your marketing campaign like SEO or email marketing? It couldn?t hurt, and will most likely help your business expand even more!